Below are some of the vitamin supplements I would generally recommend on a daily basis for anyone trying to improve health. Please do your own research and decision making as not everyone may need these supplements. Keep in mind these suggestions are my personal preference. I have tried some really good and expensive brands and these, for me, are the ones that fit my budget, fulfill my needs, and don’t make me feel groggy. Please note: The product recommendations listed below are the ones that worked for me as well as budget and value. I have listed them as a reference only, and by purchasing through any of these affiliate links I will earn a small commission as well.
Note – If you are on some kind of medication consult with your doctor before taking any supplements.
- A good multivitamin – I personally recommended NOW Adam Multivitamin for men, or NOW Eve multivitamin for women. The serving size is usually 2 or 3 caps, however I only take 1. Mostly because I also try to eat veggies, smoothies etc daily to take nutrients in from whole foods. A good multivitamin is a great way to have all your “bases covered” and pretty much get at least some of the essential vitamins our bodies need.
- Vitamin D – For me, I prefer dosing 5000 iu. Do your own research as to what you think you should take. Some people take 10,000 iu daily. I’ve taken 50,000 at some point (doctor prescribed, I was really low on vitamin D.). 5000 iu for me seems to keep me at a steady pace and is a safe dose. I prefer to take NOW Vitamin D 5000 iu.
- Magnesium Supplement – Magnesium helps regulate over 100 functions of the body! If you are deficient you will definitely have anxiety. If you are eating veggies and such, you are likely taking in magnesium already so you may not need to take much at all. It is said your body will use anywhere between 25% to 50% of whatever supplement you take. I take about ¼ of the recommended daily dose. The magnesium I prefer to take is Doctors Best High Absorption Magnesium. 2 caps equals 50% of the recommended dose. I only take 1 cap (25%). [More info on magnesium below]
- COQ10 – This depends on age. I would say, if you are late 20s or older, (definitely 30 or older), you can supplement with coq10. Plenty of research shows coq10 helps keep blood pressure at a healthy range or in some cases even help lower blood pressure. My preferred daily intake of coq10 is this one. Keep in mind if you are already taking blood pressure medication you should first consult with a doctor prior to taking COQ10.
- Fish Oil – NOW Omega 3 is my go to. The 500 caps is a big jar and cheap. Fish oil is great for lowering cholesterol, possibly blood pressure and plenty more benefits. Simply put, with all the health benefits involved, there is no reason not to take fish oil.
- A Probiotic – If your diet isn’t the right diet for your body, you may benefit from a probiotic. An unhealthy gut may cause anxiety as well. Probiotics here.
As you may have noticed, I am a big fan of the NOW brand. I have taken possibly at least 20 or more different natural supplements for anxiety along with many different vitamin brands, and the price and quality of NOW brand, at least for me, cannot be beat. Definitely try other brands and see for yourself what works for you. Again, this is just my personal preference.
My suggestion is to start with essential vitamins and add more if you want to try others out or if your doctor tells you to. However, more reddit suggestions can be found here.